Stories that are surfacing on Obamacare's roll out keep getting worse and worse. Average couples who have health insurance and their families are learning the truth about the real cost of the Affordable Care Act. They have been hammered by increased premiums and deductables. Many simply can no longer afford health care through private insurance companies.
Some yearly premiums have skyrocketed. One such middle income family saw its premiums go from about $6000 per year with low co-pays and no deductables to $10,000 per year and deductables of $12,700. This couple is not alone. This same scenario is playing out all over America. The anger is becoming palpable.
Here are sources of the angst that is beginning to bubble up:
· Bad information from the very sources who are supposed to know.
· The disaster that is the sign up debacle is creating a frustration level that will exceed even the worst DMV line.
· Computers can be very frustrating for inexperienced users so the actual number of signees is tiny. Having been bitten once, many won't try again.
· The jack-booted Internal Revenue Service thugs will be working overtime taking refunds from taxpayers. When the IRS starts taking tax refunds, especially from young taxpayers, I shudder to think of those consequences.
· Delays in approvals have just begun. It will be an ongoing
· Those who have difficulty signing up on line won't believe Obama would fine them when it's not their fault that the Obama ACA doesn't work if they haven't signed up for some kind of health care..
· Many who assume they've registered and have insurance, will be shocked to find out they missed one tiny box on the signup sheet and are not covered. Most likely, this shock will be when they need it most, and they'll be out in the cold.
· Voters who kissed Obama's shoes will now find out what "What's in the bill" really means and they are not going to be happy.
· Obama Supporters who think they have insurance that they can afford and going to face deductables that will stagger them will still leave them with no way to pay the deductables.
· College students with their new degrees, who sang the praises of Obama, will have to use precious resources to pay their fines or premiums, and then discover that the jobs that Obama promised too will be 28 hours-per-week menial burger flippers.
· The really poor among us will be shattered to learn that the hope and change they were promised will be a sham and thirty million will still be without insurance, and the insurance that is available will be worse than before.
· When children want their elderly parents to have the best possible care, they will be "Death Paneled" to die without care but with Obama "pills" to alleviate pain.
· The economy will slow even more. Growth will be nearly non-existent with fewer and fewer ways to make it grow. America will continue to slide into irrelevance and those who praised Obama will spew vitriol.
And for all his efforts Obama won't be able to blame this one on Bush. As it was proven in the recent “SHUTDOWN” Obama owns Obamacare lock-stock-and-barrel and Republicans will be in a position to say “We Tried.”
For the next year, the anger now growing, will burst into the open.