Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SENATORS IN NEW YORK ARE NOT ELECTED, THEY'RE ANOINTED

When will New Yorkers begin complaining that their senators are not elected, but anointed by a senator in a neighboring state with a political name or politicos with no connections to the state. If I were a New Yorker and another senator announced her/his interest in the senate seat I suggest that they run for it. But rather than demand a real campaign and election....celebrity and name are the only things that seem to matter to earn a senate seat in one of the biggest states in the country.

I think if I were a native New Yorker, I'd start asking questions about the people who represent them. Have those asking to represent the state paid their dues in doing the things New Yorkers want. Again, apparently that doesn't matter....but then New York politics never made much sense to me to begin with. They're about to go bankrupt and they're raising taxes on themselves. Ya gotta love New York!

NG

No comments: